The MAC hosts a series of exhibits in the Member’s Gallery, which encircles the classroom space in our 513 building. Entries in any media are accepted 2-7 p.m. the first Tuesdays, every other month. The next intake will be Dec. 4. The work is juried that evening and hung the next day; it will be displayed until Feb. 5, when it can be retrieved 2-7 p.m. There is no charge for entering, but the MAC retains a 40 percent commission on sales. The MAC hosts potlucks and Critique Forums 5-6:30 p.m. the same day as the intake. Bring your work, food or beverage to share, and your creative ideas and questions.
1) You must be a MAC member. Cost: student, $25; individual, $40; family, $50; and senior (60-plus) and military, $35. Additional levels: bronze, $100; silver, $250; and gold, $500. For membership info, contact LuDel Walter, email@example.com or 685-1861.
2) You may have a maximum of three pieces on display at any time.
3) Work must be no more than two years old.
4) Work must be original and must not have been shown at the MAC before.
5) Mats must be well-cut and clean. Frames must be in good condition and equipped with wire – no sawtooth hangers. Glass must be clean.
7) Work must be for sale and reasonably priced.
8) Artwork must be clearly labeled on the back or base with artist’s name, title of piece, medium and price.
9) You are responsible for shipping to and from the MAC.
10) Work cannot be withdrawn before the end of the exhibit period.
11) Work not retrieved within two weeks of pick-up date becomes the property of the MAC.
The MAC will insure the artwork from the time of acceptance until pick-up in amount equal to the net sales price; provided, however, any one art piece shall not be insured for a sum greater than $1,000. Any work left after the pick-up date will not be insured.
In addition, the MAC hosts Critique Forums for the Member’s Gallery pieces.